So, I was speaking with a new friend. Somehow we got on the subject of how she won’t eat anything creamy. In fact it is a phobia causing her to cry and even vomit. I double checked this with a mutual friend and yes in fact it is true. This girl lives her life with out the following foods
and so on
We got to chatting and I started thinking about a few of my quirks.
1. I hate the smell of eggs. I used to love eggs, all runny and gooey with my toast dipped in em. Then one day I opened the dishwasher and smelled egg and nearly barfed then and there. Here comes the quirk. Now, I smell every dish before I use it. I do not generally drink out of cups from restaurants because they all smell like egg, if I’m dead thirsty I will drink something not water and only out of a straw. IF I pull a bowl out of the cabinet and smell egg on it, I will then smell all the bowls. If any smell like egg, back in the sink they go. If my food taste eggy I won’t eat it. I scrape the top off french toast, I don’t eat chilli relanos cuz its in egg. Egg drop soup NO. Egg in my fried rice HELL NO. Now, once a year, I will eat egg salad, hidden in bread and only if the eggs are so over cooked they appear green. AND only after I have scraped out that weird jelly thing in the middle of the yolk.
2. I can’t stand kissing after someone has spit. It way grosses me out. I am offended and yell at my husband often for this.
3. I am petrified of the bugs that live in carpet. Terrified. So much so that I will only sit on my carpet maybe once a year and that is Christmas morning. I don’t even like new carpet or just washed carpet or carpet still wrapped in plastic. No.
4. I hate the word shut up. It makes me so angry!
5. I do not eat any cereal. Not since I found out it contains bug pieces and bug eggs.