Someone took $150.00 out of my checking account with out my permission. They automatically deducted it from my account. This place deducted it even though they were explicitly told to deactivate any further deductions from my account. The place with the girl who sits at the front desk who said “I just check this box here and no further money will come out.” No money came out for two weeks and then the owner of said place illegally checked off the box again and took money from me. Tuesday I will tell you who did it. You will be so shocked and appalled when you hear this story. Tomorrow I will give them 8 hours to put the entire amount back in my account or I will be filing a police report, disputing it on my debit card AND contacting the better business bureau. That is a lot of money to just secretly try and remove from someones account with ZERO notice.
Month: November 2008
So funny that he growled at me, this is his growl face…also I totally needed to fix the settings on my camera, they were set for different lighting. Oops!
Just some pics
Dear Marie Callender’s Pumpkin Pie in my fridge
I am sorry I had to eat you (for breakfast)
Not that sorry.
This is Shannon on alcohol. Not sure I’ve ever drunk posted before. Hey look at that, I still type pretty well, or, at least spell check makes you think I do. I broke a nail and typing is hard when they aren’t all the same fucking length. So, whatever my mom asked me to post what I’m thankful for. Here goes nothing.
1. Kaluaha + Vodka + Half and Half = White Russian, yes am very thankful for 3 of those and a glass of wine, and a cordial of baileys.
2. Thankful that all the right family showed up this year and I enjoyed the most peaceful Thanksgiving of my life (minus the whole KIDS WON’T STOP SCREAMING THING)
3. I’m happy my run away niece got to spend the day with us. I miss her.
4. I’m thankful my parents help me pay for this whole fiasco. I’m thankful for the amazing house they have given me to live in too. Because, if you saw it, it’s pretty fucking amazing
5. I’m thankful for carbs
6. I’m thankful that my fresh cranberry sauce was pretty fucking awesome this year
7. I’m thankful for the pie in the oven
8. (And the ice cream in the freezer)
9. I am thankful I’ve finally learned to surround myself with loving amazing people.
10. I’m thankful I’m able to reacognize that you don’t need your entire family to be happy, that you only need the family that “gets you” around.
11. I’m thankful that I’m smart enough to realize that sometimes that family comes in unusual places (Ord)
12. I’m thankful my husband did something special and illegal for me (it involves vampires). He knows how to make me smile and he did it all on his own.
13. I’m thankful for the picture of Edward my mom hung in my closet today…now he can watch me get dressed.
14. I’m thankful for that time late at night when you take of your bra and your boobs drop and you think AHHHHHHH THAT FEELS GOOD
15. I’m thankful for watching my sons jump on my dads belly. Every kid deserves a papa like that. I didn’t have one, but my kids sure do!
16. I’m thankful I wasn’t to drunk to post about the time my husband got Sani Hut water on his face!
17. Finally I’m thankful for all of my loyal readers. For that small $30.00 BlogHer check I get each month. For the people who comment. The people who email me. The people who found me on Twitter and those of you who know me well enough to know when, well enough is enough!
Cooking away over here
Proof you shouldnt make sick parents change diapers
I’ve got the worst cold right now. One of the joys of having a kid in day care. He brings me a new germy present every week. Anyway I haven’t been sleeping good because of the coughing and the not being able to breath thwu my nose thing. Codi usually wakes up around 615-630. On good days he will let me know he is up by giving a big happy fart. Yesterday he did a big huge fart. I was kind of incoherant but I got up, peed and stumbled over to grab him. I reached down and felt his diaper which was soaking wet. I half walk half sleep walked into his room. Seeing the changing table was his cue to start wiggling like a fish out of water. I wrangled him down on the changing table and went to work pulling off the diaper while trying to also remove it fast enough that he didn’t grab it with his hands and kick his feet in it. Only, I was too slow and he did both. Damn. So I ripped it out faster and flung it over by the wipes.
It was then that I noticed his morning fart was..more then a fart. My kid was covered in poop. He somehow managed to get his hands in it AND HIS FUCKING FEET. Then I realized that my act of FLINGING the diaper made poop go everywhere and upon looking down I noticed I had somehow stuck my own goddamn hand in the poop. So I did what every good parent does. I stood there for a second trying to wake up while wondering what the fuck exactly had just happened.
Thats when I realized, that since I was sick I couldn’t smell the poop as a warning. I was still standing there unawake, totally out of it when I realized OH YEAH POOP EVERYWHERE. It took me forever to get us cleaned up. The flining of the diaper had leaked poop into the back of Codi’s footie jammies. This made it hard because I had to hold him up to clean him, and I couldn’t put him down to clean the rest of him or I would be putting him down in more poop. I ended up having to lay a wipe over the poop, put him down at hyper speed and then pull his arms out of his jammies so I could toss them aside. The whole process to change one damn diaper took me freaking 10 MINUTES.
This is why I think that if mom is sick you shouldn’t make her change a diaper. Or any parenting for that matter since you need all of your senses to parent. Anyway, that is how my day started, with my kid and me both covered in shit!
A long time ago Brandon was tired but wouldn’t go to bed. I started tickling his back and he loved it. From then on he would ask Rob or I to tickle his back or tummy. I love doing that, I love when he asks me to tickle his back. We have other night time rituals too. Brandon has bad dreams at night. Some nights they escalate to night terrors even. Lately what I’ve started doing is trying to talk to him about good things before bed. Happy things. First I tell him a story that always stars a little boy named Brandon. Sometimes we read books, his favorites are, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight and Sleepyhead? And then as I tickle his back while he drifts off I say, “don’t forget to dream about Christmas.” He replies, “I won’t forget.” I do this over and over while drowses. Don’t forget Christmas, marshmallows, cookies, candy, Halloween, the part, etc. He drifts off mumbling about Santa clause and marshmallows. Most nights it seems he sleeps better.
Tonight however, was my most favorite. Tonight while putting him to bed he said:
“Mom, will you tickle my eyes.”
Then I melted. He drifted off to sleep as I gently rubbed his eyebrows and told him a story about reindeer going clack clack clack on the roof.
Also, check out the books I mentioned above. They are great bed time stories. However Jane Yolen also has a great collection of dinosaur books. We love reading How do Dinosaurs Eat Their Dinner. Kohls sells these for $5.00. You should really check them out, here is the collection.
I love the Sleepy head book for so many reasons. The colors and illistrations are so pretty and the words are very…soothing. Brandon loves it and shouts SWEEPY HEAD when he sees it. Anyway Christmas is coming up so I thought I would start sharing a few of my most favorite books with y’all.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
***November 22, 2008***
In case you haven’t read about it on fansites or movie blogs, here is the news that we have all been waiting for [source: Summit Entertainment (summit-ent.com)]
SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES TWILIGHT SEQUEL – NEW MOON
Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series titled, New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.
Stephenie Meyer stated, “I don’t think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment. I’m thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on NEW MOON.”